Thursday, February 16, 2012

Learning Through YouTube

It's amazing how many learn by using YouTube.  Just the other day I needed to learn how my running toilet, properly cut a tomato and how to replace the bulb in my HD TV.  So I popped up YouTube, did a quick search and was able to learn it in minutes.  Not only was I able to learn it but I was also able to apply it.  Oh how quickly you can travel up Bloom's taxonomy with Internet tools. 

Interesting stat: over 3 billion YouTube videos are viewed a day.  Now I realize that not all of that is leraning, but when you think about the context of education to replicating or forming cultures and societies, YouTube is doing that on a massive scale.  And it's no longer limited to local communites, states or nations, it is now global.  Informal education is rapidly changing and the opportunities for learning are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment